1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender '62 P pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HongKongPhooey, Nov 3, 2002.

1. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    I want to get replace the P pickups on my Squire so I can get back into playing it some more. Unfortunately with pickups there isn't really a way that you can try them before you buy them :( . So, for those who have used the '62s, how much of a difference will they make in my sound? Will it be a better difference? =P

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    Also are the Basslines SPB-3s any good? I'm basically looking to get a funkier, tighter tone out of my bass.

3. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I just ordered a set of Fender '62s for my 1992 Precision Plus...will let you know how they turn out. Re. SPB-3, they are high output, so they would tend to have more midrange and less thump - I think.

4. I really dig my '62 P. I have it on my Warmoth, so I didn't replace any stock pickup, so I can't comment on how different it will be. However, I can aussure you I am pleased with the pickup.

5. I think so too. My adventures with my MIM p-bass show the same results. The stock pickup is lower output, but had a lot more percussive thump. I went to the Duncan SPB-2 which was a LOT louder, but much less thump. It was too middy for my taste, so I opted for a DiMarzio DP146 Will Power Middle. This is also less percussive, but I like the tone a lot better. It is also high output.

6. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    Thanks eveyrone =P Looks like I'll be placing my order for the '62s.