1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender 62 Reissue Jazz _and_ J-retro box $650

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jsonnenblick, Feb 7, 2003.

1. I think this is a screaming package deal for somebody!

I have a Daphne Blue 1962 Reissue Fender Jazz Bass, which was made in Japan in 1991 or so (serial # starts with L). This finish looks FANTASTIC -- sort of a cross between ice blue and seafoam green. Looks great with the aged w/b/w pickguard.

Rosewood board, skinny vintage style fretwire, amazing tone and playability.

Very clean condition, a few small dings here & there, but the bass looks mint from 3 feet away.

Just set up with new strings, comes with HSC.

ALSO, I'll throw in a J-retro Stompbox Preamp (these cost $313 new from dealers online). Without the pre, you get a super-lively-sounding vintage tone. Kick in the stompbox and you've got all the modern tones you'll ever need, with a vintage feel!

2. the whole bass

3. and the back of the bass

4. are you interested in trades?

5. I'm always glad to hear trades, but the only thing I can really see needing is a five- or six- string.

6. Id love to take that bass off your hands, my jazz needs a partner :) but Im afraid all I have at the moment is hughes and kettner tube head and matching cabinet to trade, because I definately dont have money. good luck, hope it gets a good home!