1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender '62 RI Precision, 2007 CIJ, Fiesta Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bass Atlanta, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bass Atlanta

Bass Atlanta Supporting Member

BASS IS SOLD

Okay, before anybody freaks out and says that I'm a business and can't post here: Bass Atlanta is out of business.....I just haven't changed my screen name with Talkbass. (Not to be confused with Atlanta Bass Gallery......they are alive and well and holding down the low end in Atlanta very nicely.)

I purchased this bass on evil-bay less than 1 month ago and it's still in the same excellent shape as when I bought it.

Here's the detailed description from the original eBay auction:

"This is a beautiful 2007 Fender Japan 1962 Precision Bass Reissue finished in the beautiful and classic custom color, Fiesta Red, fitted with a 4-ply tortoise shell pickguard. Think ‘Pino Palladino’ Custom Shop ’62 Precision Bass guitar cosmetics, with top-shelf electronic components, but at a fraction of the price!
    This instrument has the following upgrade modifications. First, the pickguard is a genuine Fender USA ’62 Reissue Precision Bass 4-ply nitrocellulose tortoise shell pickguard. Second, the original Japanese electronics and pickups have been removed and discarded in favor of genuine Fender/CTS 250k solid shaft pots with genuine Fender/USA flat-top chrome knurled knobs, a genuine Fender/Switchcraft input jack, and a genuine Fender/USA Original Vintage Precision Bass pickup set. All of the wiring is done using cloth-covered, wax-coated vintage style wire. Included with the instrument are genuine Fender/USA vintage reissue chrome plated bridge and pickup covers with screws (these covers have never been installed on this bass - any decision to install these covers is being left to the next owner of this instrument). There is also a genuine Fender/USA finger rest installed in the customary position.
    The specifications for this Precision Bass are the usual for a ’62 vintage reissue model; the body is made of alder, the neck has 20 small vintage frets, a 7.25” fretboard radius, vintage-style clover leaf tuners, 34” scale, neck is 1-5/8" wide at the nut, etc. These details are all true to Fender’s original ‘62 Precision Bass guitars. This guitar weighs in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces.
    The rosewood board on this guitar is beautiful! It is constructed ala the “slab board” method, rather than the “veneer concave/convex” method adopted later on in 1962. The logo on the headstock is applied under the finish (which is customary for Fender Japan vintage reissues) and is the silver “spaghetti” style, which is period correct for this model.
    This Precision Bass is in dead mint, “as new” condition. There are no dings, dents, scratches, or blemishes of any kind anywhere on the instrument. When I say perfect condition, I mean PERFECT condition. There is no visible wear anywhere on this instrument; no fret wear, no fretboard wear, no pickguard scratches! And it is absolutely clean as a whistle; no dust, dirt, grease, grime, or grunge. No sweat, no smudge marks, no fingerprints! Antiseptically clean and pristine! Put simply, this instrument is in collector-grade condition. The guitar you see in the accompanying photographs is the guitar up for auction. There are no other additional parts or components, original or otherwise, available or included with this auction.
    "

Fender gig bag included.

It looks just like a Fender Custom Shop Pino Palladino model, but without the relicing. In fact, I bought this one because I didn't want to drop the dough for a Pino. But I subsequently got a super deal on a brand new REAL Pino. So I bought the real McCoy and now I'm selling this one.

It's awesome, just as every MIJ/CIJ I've ever played has been. No scratches, dings, etc. Straight neck. Absolutely no issues.

Price is $725 shipped to CONUS.

No trades except for a Surf Green or Seafoam Green Fender Precision. Send photos of what you have. I accept Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, or Amex.....(still have my merchant account for my other business.)

Here's the photos:

Front.

[​IMG]

Body.

Body%20&%20Bridge.

HS.

HS_Back.

Oh.......and here's one of my new Pino (but it's not for sale) ;):

PinoFront.

Help me find this one a good home.

Thanks,

Randy

BigThud likes this.
  2. 1.75" at the nut?

3. Bass Atlanta

No.....1-5/8", which is 1.625".....like most of the new P's.

Thanks for looking.

Randy

4. Bass Atlanta

Bump.

5. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent :hyper:

6. This is a nice bass. I have a question though. Is that a strap button on the back of the headstock? I notice that on the older basses and 62 RI basses.

Steve

7. bump for an extremely nice bass!!!

8. Thats a beauty!! A gass inducing beauty :)

9. Ozonbass

Ozonbass Gold Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Chicago
    Yes, strap button the back of the headstock on the RI '62s.

10. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    SO sexy with the pickup covers...

11. Bass Atlanta

Thanks, Knife.......how 'bout a trade for that Surf Green baby in your avatar???? I know, I know........but you can't blame me for trying. ;)

Randy

12. This bass is killing me slowly. I could drive to pick it up and be back before breakfast. But, no funds and no gig. Someone please buy this!

13. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    It's called a Hootenanny. Useful for hanging a light towel on, or maybe a crucifix.

14. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    PM Sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.