1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender 62 RI Sooo Rare?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by myrockinbass, Apr 28, 2006.

1. myrockinbass

myrockinbass

Jun 10, 2005
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the saturation of Fender 62 RI's on Ebay?! Whether as parts or as a whole, they're everywhere.:eyebrow:

2. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I just got a 62 reissue P-bass for under $700 on the bay. I've been wanting one for a while. I wasn't even planning on buying one right now, but I was watching it and the bidding was only up to $650 an hour before close.

Mike

3. myrockinbass

myrockinbass

Jun 10, 2005
    You like it?

4. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I've been seeng this guy on ebay selling all kinds of 62 RI parts. He claims the p/u's are American 62RI pup's but they clearly have plastic coated wire! All the U.S.62RI pup's I've seen have CLOTH covered wire. Same withe the bridges. No threaded saddles like the U.S. 62RI. I'm guessing that these may be used Fender Japan 62RI that have been imported and dissasembled. He never says what type of wood the bodies are. Some MIJ 62 RI have basswood bodies too. If they were alder bodies, don't you think he'd mention that?

5. myrockinbass

myrockinbass

Jun 10, 2005
    That's what I was thinking, a lot of amiguity about "a truly amazing vintage blah blah blah..."

6. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
  7. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
  8. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks, I must have been editing while you were posting. I was a little nervous about it when I bid.

Mike

9. i bought mine about 4 years ago new. love it. strung with the TI flatwounds. smooth.

10. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Most of the auctions I've checked out for the R.I. parts, bodies, etc., say ask all questions before bidding. I would assume if the stuff was MIA it would say as that would be a selling point. I'm glad it worked out for Phishaholic...
    I was curious about one of the bodies and sent a msg to the seller...nope, mij, which isn't a bad thing, but you should know what you're buying.

11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Phish,
    You got a great deal on that P. Nice!

I've seen that ebay guy selling those parted out fender bits. It's all MIJ stuff that he has. He has lots of errors in his titles, but I can spot it a mile away.