1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender '63 precision reissue question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RS, Sep 28, 2013.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    For those who have or have played one - can you comment on the thickness (front to back) of the neck? Thanks.

2. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

I've played a couple and can say it's got some thickness to it. It's definitely thicker than an Am Std P and rivals if not overtakes the '57 AVRI Ps (of which I own one). Very, very comfortable. I like thick necks though, and have returned basses for lacking in this area.

3. Slightly thicker than the AV 57/62 it replaced. More like a CS 59 thickness.

4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Like already said.
    Thicker front to back, than the 62 reissue.
    More like a 59 CS neck.
    Very comfortable, I love the neck on my 63.

5. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I too can confirm it is thicker than the 62RI, which, to be fair, for a P-bass, had a pretty shallow neck (I feel). It's not too bad, but when I played one, it was definitely noticeable, and I far prefer the feel of my 62s neck.

6. +1

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks for the replies.

Is there any current production American Fender P bass with an A neck?

8. Not an American made, no. But if you take the tour at their Corona, CA factory they'll built one however you want with whatever neck you want.