1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 64 Jazz NOS custom shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jar546, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jar546

jar546

Dec 14, 2006
    Was in NYC this weekend checking out Rudy's and Sam Ash. Was test driving a Geddy Lee (did not like it) and someone started to play a 64 Jazz NOS custom shop. WOW! What a tone! I am assuming that it is the vintage single coil pickups that make the difference.

Very warm and a great feel. I tried it too and was sold but did not have a budget of $2999.

If the coils are the difference then they should be put on all basses. My opinion of course. Great sound.

Agree?

2. I have played them, I love them. I really think that the whole construction helps to get that true vintage jazz bass tone, there's something extremely cool about the feel of those basses.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Fender Custom shop basses just have THAT sound! I played a CS 64 jazz at the same place and had the same reaction as you did! Unbelievable how good that bass sounded and played if your into The Fender jazz sound Years past by and I ran into a CS custom classic and bought it on the spot, awesome bass and really impressive recorded!