1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 7150 pure nickels or TI Jazz rounds?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Dec 20, 2006.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    I just bought these and tried them out yesterday. They are round and warm and growl nicely.:hyper: I use the DR Sunbeams(nickel plated steel) and they sound good and feel smoother but after trying these the Sunbeams seem sort of weak and toneless. I guess the pure nickel really helps. The only downside on the Fenders is,my hated nemesis,high tension.:crying: It is the medium set. Would the lite set .40 .60 .80 .100 feel much different in terms of having lower tension or would the TI jazz rounds be worth looking into?

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    While I have not used the strings you mention I have found .100's to feel much better than the .105's etc.
    I tried .115's and they felt like a huge cable...hated them.

Try the .100's

3. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    They are cheap to order to experiment on(as in not like $50-$60)but sometimes a smaller gauge does not always translate into lighter tension. I would like it if they felt a little softer as these strings sound real good. Anyone out there try the lite set or would the TI jazz rounds capture a similar tone? I have only tried the TI jazz flats and those are very nice.