1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 7250ML Let's hear some opinions...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Earthquake, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Earthquake

Earthquake

Dec 19, 2007
    SoCal
    I like them. They feel soft on the fingers and I like the zingy tone, but I think they are a little "weak" in the mids. I like the black silk wraps too. Anyone feel free to chime in and give your opinion on these roundwounds.

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I think those, like all Fender roundwounds, are very easy to play, and sound great. Also seem to last for a good long time IMHO. They're also not too expensive, so I don't think you can go wrong with them. :hyper:

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    do these come in black and red? i think these came on my vintage modified squier jazz. and i want to order a new set

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    The ones that come from the store, and on MIM basses have the black silk. The ones that come from overseas must be some overseas version, even though Fenders website may call them 7250's. (I;ve noticed on one site, Squier does have their own set of strings-IMHO not even close to the Fender branded ones)

Fender stainless rounds have a red silk wrap, but they are nothing like the Squier sreings.

5. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    The 7250's are real nice bright great feel and tone. I will agree the mids are a tad weak on them as are most Fender strings.I am a real 7150 fan also on my p-basses the pure nickels. Fenders rounds that go dead are awsome strings if someday you want that sound.
    Fender strings are great for the $ solid and last long time.

6. I like their nickle strings, the 7150 set.

7. I use 7250 five string light sets (.40-.115) on my Carvin 5s. Long lasting, good sounding, and not quite so high tensioned. I really like them as their sound fits what I do.

They are standard on their bridge through strung basses they sell, although I have seen some of them without the black silk windings.