1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender 7250s

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hi, A few days ago I put a new set of Ken Smith strings on my bass. After just 2 days one of them broke!!!! So I went to the store and got a set of Fender Super Bass 7250M. I can't decide if I like them or not so I was wondering what you guys thought of them. They are Nickleplated steel round wounds.

Thanks,

P.S. I have them on an Ibanez TR Expressionist(600)

2. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    I think that these are the same strings that come with the Fender Jazzes. In that case, I'll go ahead and say that I love mine. I like the way they feel and the tone is equally nice. I've been playing them for almost a year now and I haven't had to replace them yet because of breakage or loss of tone (though honestly I hadn't been really playing hard and often until just a few months ago), though I'm intending to do so just for the Hell of it. I'd certainly consider them a good string set.

Of course, there's probably someone out there with more experience who would disagree. =)