Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 7250s

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hi, A few days ago I put a new set of Ken Smith strings on my bass. After just 2 days one of them broke!!!! So I went to the store and got a set of Fender Super Bass 7250M. I can't decide if I like them or not so I was wondering what you guys thought of them. They are Nickleplated steel round wounds.

Thanks,

P.S. I have them on an Ibanez TR Expressionist(600)

2. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    I think that these are the same strings that come with the Fender Jazzes. In that case, I'll go ahead and say that I love mine. I like the way they feel and the tone is equally nice. I've been playing them for almost a year now and I haven't had to replace them yet because of breakage or loss of tone (though honestly I hadn't been really playing hard and often until just a few months ago), though I'm intending to do so just for the Hell of it. I'd certainly consider them a good string set.

Of course, there's probably someone out there with more experience who would disagree. =)