1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 7350 M Stainless steel

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by basmicke, Dec 25, 2016.

1. basmicke

basmicke

May 31, 2008
    Experience, good or bad or ? of these strings.
    45-105.

2. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    They're good strings. Nothing wrong with them.

basmicke likes this.
  3. basmicke

basmicke

May 31, 2008
    Are they similar to D'Addario pro steels?

4. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Well, that's something only you can determine. IMO, they do feel similar and they sound great.

5. basmicke

basmicke

May 31, 2008
    Ok. I just thought so since I've heard that D'Addario nowadays makes the Fender strings. Its been a very long time since I tried the D'Addario super steels and I've never tried anything from Fender except the NPS's that comes with most of their instrumemts. For the most part I favour stainless steel before nickel as far as sound goes. Don't exactly know why but steel seems to give a more robust, lasting tone to my ears while nickel sounds ok at home but too weak in a real gig situation.
    All IMHO of course and I still haven't tried all brands.
    D'Addario SS and Fender SS does seem a bit unusual but I've never heard anyone saying something bad about them.

6. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I didn't know D'Addario made them. I suspect they are made to Fender specs though. I tried my first set of Fender strings a little while back and they're great.

Linnin likes this.
  7. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    I think it's a myth that just won't die that D'Addario make Fender strings. They may have done so at one time, but I don't think they do now

8. Based on what I've read, it seems as though this is more than just a "myth that just won't die".

@Linnin is an expert on this. Maybe he can provide some insight.

Linnin likes this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It's not a myth. D'Addario is the contract winder for Fender. Neither party can corroborate the fact due to contract nondisclosure clauses. We know this because every string winder in the USA tried to get the very lucrative Fender contract, so they all know D'Addario snagged it, and it's no secret.

There's a video I posted that has the senior Mr. D'Addario boasting that they manufacture half the strings on Earth. 700,000 strings per 24 hr 3 shift day 24/7. Not only that, but D'Addario's engineers design and build their own winding machines that they also produce and sell their competitors.

michael_t likes this.
  10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    They are.

zortation and TimB 619 like this.
  11. TimB 619

TimB 619 Guest

May 28, 2010
    They are D'addario, I have this on good authority.

12. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Interesting. I have doubted it because so many baulk at the suggestion D make Fender flats. It's cool if it's true.

13. I've used both the D'A Chromes and the Fender 9050 flats and I can attest to the undeniable "family resemblance", though they're not identical twins by any means.

14. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Yes. From what I understand, Chromes and Fender flats are wound in opposite directions and the ribbons differ. I recently played a set of Fender flats and really liked them.

15. I'm not sure about them being wound in opposite directions, although that's something @iiipopes has always insisted on in the past. (See photo below...)

The stainless steel ribbon wire on the Chromes look slightly lighter with a bluish tint, which I assume is due to a higher chromium content (hence the nickname "Chromes"). Silk at both end (blue vs. green) with the same winding length (37.1"). They both have colored ball ends, except the D is black on the D'A and silver/chrome on the Fender.

[​IMG]