Fender 7350M Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Slayer bass, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Hi,

I’m thinking about changing the strings of my Bass, I play punk music and I play very hard so I broke the A string, but don’t be surprised because I broke this string after 8 months, so I think these strings had a long life.
    I was using D’addario Prism strings (0.045 - 0.100), I liked these strings, they have a bright / punch tone, very good for the songs I play.
    But now I would like to try something different, somebody have used Fender Staninless Steel roundwound 7350M ?
    Why some people don’t like Fender Strings and make them the last choice among D’addario, Ernie Ball, GHS and another brands?

2. I don't belive nobody have used these strings!!!
    Please Help!!!

3. Jerry, Jr.

Jerry, Jr.

Jun 7, 2002
    Boston, MA
    The Fender 7350M Roundwounds are good strings. They are original equipment on many Fender basses, including the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, which I have just purchased! I don't know if they are the best strings out there but they're good. I like them, plus they're affordable.

Btw, SLAYER rules!!
  4. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    The Fender 7350M is an EXCELLENT set of strings IMHO. I have several basses and a bunch of different strings that I use on all of them. Throughout the years I've eventually switched many of my basses over to the 7350M.
    For a stainless steal string, they feel great under my fingers and aren't too dry feeling when new. They're supple but not flabby if that makes sense. They maintain a great full, piano like tone with deep bottom, full mids and a very present top. As a plus, as the strings get use and their tone dies down they still sound bitchen, then I boil them and get another 3 or 4 gigs out of them. I hope that this is helpful.