Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 7350MH strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ZoomBoy, Aug 8, 2000.

1. My local Daddy's Junky Music had these on sale for $9.99 a set in the 50-105 gauge only. So, being the thrifty bassist that I am I bought 5 sets. I figured that at that price I could deal with them. I haven't used them yet but I was wondering what people's experiences with these strings have been. How do they sound? Do they last long or do they go dead in a week? I'm not particularly loyal to one brand of string although I do use roundwounds exclusively on all my basses (45-105).

Thanks in advance,

ZB

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Zoom zoom zooma zoomboy wazzzzzzuppppp Im a fender guy and I believe that they get there strings from a reputable string maker so have at um. I myself am a diehard GHS boomer user but Im looking for something else to try on my new RIC cause the boomers are way to hot, any sugestions since you look like you have tried a few brands and your also a RIC owner.

[Edited by Funkster on 08-15-2000 at 06:01 AM]

3. Funkster,

How's it going? Glad to hear that your RIC survived surgery last night. It must sound even better now! As far as replacement strings for your boomers, recently I've had good luck with (please don't laugh) Peavey Cirrus strings. No kidding! They're not expensive and they have a good sound and feel. I've had no dead strings out of the package and they don't go dead in a week either. Daddy's usually has them in stock for around $20 a set.

Later,

ZB

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Dude Wazzzzuppp Thanks for the info. Yeah surgery went great with a fast recovery I cant believe the diff in the sound of that monster sooooooo much better.
    Wait till you here it Im so much happier :D :D
    Have a great day!!!