SOLD Fender '74 Jazz Bass Pickups-$90 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ricksvintage, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Commercial User

Price:
    $90
    These pickups are by far my favorite Fender Jazz Bass pickup, I had a set of these in my real '72 that I recently sold , sounded just KILLER , and I still have these in 2 of my other Jazz Basses. I really like their Punchy tone, I'm mainly a Rock and Funk player.

I wanted to try something different in my '62 RI Candy Apple Jazz ( I went with a set of Moollon VJ-60's, not as much output or punchy as the '74's , more old school vintage sounding, but they sound nice and I now have Flats on it, so what's the point of having all of your basses sound the same ?)

Here's the description from Fender, new they are $149 plus shipping, save $70 and get mine for $90 shipped ( mine are in great condition, sorry, no screws). They read 7.6 k neck and 8.1 k bridge.

My Paypal address is my email address in my signature, just reply to this ad and say " I'll take 'em ", thanks!

BTW, these BLOW the '75 pickups away, don't waste your money,no comparison.

"From vintage bobbin construction to genuine original-era cloth wiring, all Fender Pure Vintage pickups are wound to precise specifications for authentic, traditional Fender tone and performance. Pure Vintage '74 Jazz Bass Pickup Set As Heard on Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass guitar With a versatile vintage voice full of low-end warmth and their distinct midrange, Fender's Pure Vintage '74 single-coil Jazz Bass pickups are the ideal solution for the bass player who prefers slap-style funk, soulful fingerstyle playing and aggressive pickups. Enamel-coated magnet wire delivers warm vintage-style tones. Alnico 5 magnets add more focus and enhanced dynamics. Flush-mount polepieces produce even string response. Shellac-potted. Period-correct cloth wire and fiber bobbin construction. Includes black pickup covers Included Components Fender Pure Vintage '74 Jazz Bass pickups come with all parts needed for installation, including: Mounting screws, Pickup height adjustment tubing, Wiring diagram."
    $149.99

Here's a stock photo, we all know what Jazz Bass pickups look like, but if you need an actual photo, send me your number and I'll text it to you.

Fender_74_J_Set.jpg

2. ricksvintage

movingpitchers, I did not receive a PM from you

3. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA

pm sent

4. ricksvintage

All PM's replied, thanks!

5. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA

I'll take them!

6. ricksvintage

Got the $$$ Smooth Bass 88,
    Thank you, I have these pickups in my Black Geddy, my '62, my '72,and a few others, I think you are really going to love them!!
    I'll be able to ship possibly tomorrow, most likely Thursday or Friday, especially if my schedule has been going this week like it has been so far!
    Thanks again, I will leave Positive Feeedback for you, thanks for the easy smooth transaction.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021