1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FENDER 75 RI VS. Geddy Lee Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrandonA119, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Any differences in these basses? They seem to have all the same things..

2. WaskoDS

WaskoDS

Nov 22, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    The Geddy Lee has a Badass II bridge, a very thin neck, and a 4-bolt neck joint. That aside, I don't think there are any differences.

3. ash body in the '75 vs alder on the geddy, real inlays on the '75 vs painted on ones on the geddy. Vintage style bridge for the 75 vs badass/geddy; 3 bolt neck/'75 - 4 bolt neck/geddy. The Geddy also has a much thinner neck front to back than the '75 reissue. You do mean the American Vintage '75 reissue right? The japanese version is still pretty similar but I don't know about the inlays and it has '60s pickup spacing instead of the wider '70s of the US version which I used to own. The AVR '75s also use very high quality 2 piece ash bodies, at least mine did

4. number11

number11

Jun 17, 2010
    The Geddy has the 70's spacing.

5. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    Owned both at the same time. The Geddy I found to be a little tighter and brighter. The 75 was all around great. The body and neck felt better quality and solid. The neck on the 75 never moved. I liked it more then the Geddy. But they're both wonderful. And hey, the Geddy can be got for about $500-$600 less, and it's still a great great bass.

6. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    I think he meant the Japanese 75 has 60's spacing. Not the Japanese Geddy. Not sure about that but it's totally possible. But yes the Geddy definitely has the 70's spacing.

7. I've also noticed that the MIJ 75' RI have 60's spacing...the MIA 75' RI has the 70's spacing.

8. MIA 75' RI & Geddy are very similar except for the Alder body on the Geddy.

It yields a slightly sweeter tone - nice fingerstyle tone with a bit of 70's growl/bite.

The 75' RI is Ash and has that "classing" Ash/Maple 70's style tone.

9. DanHibiki

DanHibiki

Apr 16, 2008
    Newer MIJ 75RI comes with 70s spacing.