1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender '77 or '78 Precision Bass Bridge Cover?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lavaman67, Mar 6, 2008.

1. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Hey all,

Just today I found my the one of the bridge covers off of either my old '77 or '78 Precisions. Since I don't own either one of them anymore, I figured I might as well see if anyone else is looking for one. I found a couple of '70's bridge covers on Ebay for around $100 including shipping and that seems high to me? http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-Precisio...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem. I really don't know? Mine is in much, much better shape, but I am trying to get an idea of what a fair price might be. Any educated ideas? Any constructive help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Well that guy is smoking something listing it at $80. and obviously nobody is in a hurry to buy it.
    When you look at the completed auctions, a bridge cover for a '66 P sold for $50, and there's another seller currently at 46-ish also, so that seems more believeable.

3. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    That's definitely on the high end, but there are people who will pay high prices for them just to keep their bass "original".

4. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Thanks for the help already given. Any more insight from the evening crowd?