Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 800 PRO Head and 810 PRO Cabinet Giveaway

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tplyons, Sep 28, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  2. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    does this thing sound good?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can't imagine it wouldn't. I'd at least keep the 8x10 if I won, probably the head too, you never know.

4. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    bastards, always leaving us canadians out.. they dont even have a global canadian site.. brazil, chile, even frickin scandinavia... why no canada? dumb dumb dumb... i'll tell you why, cause canada is gonna be part of the US pretty soon so until then, they pretend we dont exist... dumb dumb dumb...

5. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Is there any more info available about this thing other than the page linked above? Since it's rated at 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and the number of knobs on the front, I'm left wondering if this thing is just a re-designed Bassman 1200 with out the graphic EQ.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I think they are, not 100% sure. Rumor has it they sound better.

I played a Bassman 400 at NGW I think and it sounded like crap. On the other hand it was the stage amp, and everyone plugged into it. I didn't have time to tweak before my performance so I just clicked on my Big Muff and it sounded great!

7. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I think I answered my own question.

Evil Empires Description

According to MF this is a combination of the front end of the bassman 400 and the power of the 1200. So if you think the 400 sounds like poop, then this will probably sound like louder poop. IMO the 1200 is great amp. Its nothing like the 400 at all, it is esentially the Sunn 1200s with the Fender name plate on the front.

8. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i have a bassman 60 and it can sound like poop, especially loud notes turned up loud....damn limiter :spit:

9. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Note: the winner will receive one Fender® 800 PRO Head and one Fender® 810 PRO Cabinet. Rack case, bass, and Reggie Hamilton are not included. ;-)

Ha ha, I supposed it's funny ?

10. foot

foot

Oct 23, 2003
    Sao Paulo, Brasil
    i have tried the 810 pro cab---with the fender 1200w head aas well as with my aguilar db750--- this cab is so tight and deep sounding--- i went into playing it with the idea that it was going to sound horible--- but i was so wrong--- it sounds amazing--- i think way better than a ampeg 810--- but thats just my opinion.....