1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 810 Pro Bass cab vs Ampeg 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skullheadrac, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Skullheadrac

Skullheadrac

Jun 13, 2018
    So Cal
    Question for you all out there. How does a fender 810 Pro cab compare to an ampeg 810?
    I see a fender 810 Pro has a horn, which is what i really like on the Ampeg 610. Does anyone have a preference? I've never played on a larger fender cab.
    Would it be worth to acquire, with the intent of getting an ampeg 810 down the road?
    Opinions please!

2. MordBass

MordBass

Nov 1, 2017
    Midwest
    I played on one at a store so its not real world experience but when it comes to an 8x10, theres really no reason to get anything other than ampeg. The did it right, which is why theyre the industry standard and even seeing a different 810 at a show is a rarity. Plus, theyre stupid cheap on the used market for what they can do and the shape/caster setup actually makes them rather easy to move around for the size.

Skullheadrac likes this.
  3. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    If the drivers are in good shape.

Fender uses higher quality cast frame speakers. It's ported and handles more power.

I've been using peg 810 for years no complaints and use it cause it's a sealed cabinet.

But if you want deeper ported bass and the tweeter. Fender Pro definitely using cast frame speakers and likewise carried a higher price when new.

Either way going big, and using 8 matching drivers you'll soon discover how consistent and pleasing all matching speakers are. And not piddle fart around with buying expensive tiny unmatched cabs like others do. And find consistent coverage of any situation

patrickj, Skullheadrac and Oatis like this.