1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 9050L Flats - Rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lazerbrains, Dec 27, 2011.

1. lazerbrains

lazerbrains

Nov 30, 2010
    Needed a new set of flats for my 4003 - I have been very interested in trying out the 9050L strings. Lucky me, I got a Visa gift card for Xmas, so I went down and bought a set.

The Fender set was very "zingy" out of the box. After about 2 hours of practice, however, they broke in and the zinginess went away. Once broken in, I really like the feel of these strings - they have enough tension to not feel floppy, and be able to dig in, but at the same time are supple enough to do nice string bends. String to string tension feels very balanced under my fingers.

I generally like LaBella DTB for flats, and didn't expect as much from these as they are half the cost, but I have to admit I really really like this set (at least on the Ric). It's been awhile since I have used chromes, but I would describe the sound as somewhere between chromes and Labellas. With slight adjustments to my EQ, I was easily able to dial in the flat sound I prefer.

All in all, I am very happy I tried these strings, I am really enjoying the sound and feel of them - and at $20 a set, they are a real bargain compared to LaBellas.

Just wanted to pass this along - they certainly are worth trying, you may really like them as I do.

Skillet and armybass like this.