SOLD Fender '99 Japan Jaco Fretless Four 4 (re-issue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kevin Guin, May 8, 2021.

1. Kevin Guin

Kevin Guin

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    United States
    Fender '99 Japan Jaco Re-Issue

$850 Shipped CONUSA (Paypal Ok)

This is a real sweet '62 Vintage re-issue. Barely touched this because I've been too busy with my bank-busting fretless 6's. I am sure some of you know more history and details about these than I do, so please feel free to correct any misinformation. I paid a thousand bucks a little over a year ago.

===> Comes with a killer Ritter gig bag.

- Fingerboard is super nice. (see below).
    - Weight: Very close to 9 lbs, using Stand-on, Stand-off digital scale method

Rear Body Scratches+Indent:
    - Looks a bit of a scratching incident, nothing major but definitely visible
    - An couple-inch indent type of thing across from ^
    - A nick or two on lower rear horn

I bought it and a year and a half ago and had Carl Pedigo down in his basement lair over at Lakland give it the once over. He said he would coat the board for me and I had considered it, but now I feel the need to sell it. He performed some of his setup mojo, including some fingerboard leveling. Carl built Pino's blue fretless 5, so I always trust his work. I love just sitting there watching when he sets up my 55-60s.

If someone doesn't just buy this outright I will see if I can whip up some clips to provide a bit of inspiration. I think those strings might be a set of Sunbeams on there because they are a favorite of mine. But I might try out some La Bella flats for the time being if I am going to warm this up and record it for y'all.

Happy to respond to questions. Thanks to all for stopping in. -Kevin

Full Front 2 HiRes.jpg Full Back 1.jpg Body Back 1.jpg Headstock Front.jpg Headstock Rear.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. MojaveVox

MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    Richmond, VA
    What part of Illinois are you in?

3. Kevin Guin

Kevin Guin

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    I am 35min north of Chicago. Are you in Chicagoland, too?

4. MojaveVox

MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    Richmond, VA
    I’m in the Indianapolis area, so not terribly far.

5. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Aw man, that's awesome...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022