Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Acoustic bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigc, Sep 5, 2005.

1. craigc

craigc

Sep 27, 2004
    Looking for info on the Fender GB 41 acoustic bass. Any played the guitar before? Whats the sound like?

2. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I have one. My wife got it for me as a Christmas present last year. Here's a brief run down of my thoughts. Reply back or hit me with a PM if you have more specific questions.

It's a beautiful instrument, very well made. Only fault I found is that some of the fret ends are a little sharp, could have been filed down better. The electronics sound great, excellent tone and adjustability of the preamp. Acoustically it will hold up against a single guitar very well. Playing with two guitars can overwhelm the output of the bass. The 34" scale makes for a VERY long neck, much more so than you'd think.

This model is not shown on Fenders site any longer, so that makes me think that it's been discontinued. I'm really pleased with mine and it's great for unplugged practices or just practicing around the house. I have not gigged with it yet, so I can't comment on it in that scenario.

3. craigc

craigc

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks for the info