Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender active jazz deluxe MIM ????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jackson0321, Jan 3, 2002.

1. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    how would one of those sound after i put a badass II bridge and Schaller tuners on it. compared to the mia jazz deluxes. another question is would it improve the sound any if i got differents pups for the MIM one.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It would sound different.

Do you currently have one? If so, do you have issues with the stock bridge? Are the tuners not staying in tune?

There are people who will tell you that different pickups will improve the sound. Assuming you like what they like, yes, it will be an improvement. Otherwise no... they'll just sound different.

I played a stock MIM JD5 today. I own a couple of MIA JD5s. The MIM sounded fine. Different but fine.

3. So totally fine that im buying one on the 11th :D. Happy birthday to me.. happy birthday to me..

-Leroy-

4. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I own one MIM deluxe active Jbass .
    Don't forget that this bass have MIA pick-ups ...

Its sound so sweet .. i'll try to make it love ..
    See ya ..

5. I have an MIM Deluxe with Schaller tuners, a Gotoh 206 bridge and Bartolini 9W4 pickups. It does sound different than it did before I modified it - it's a bit smoother and has a fair bit more sustain than it did before. Tonewise, I can't tell you how it compares with an MIA Jazz but I can tell you I'm pretty happy with it.

Here's a pic -

allan

[​IMG]

6. As far as I know the Gotoh 206 Bridge is a Strings-Through-The-Body bridge, so did you put holes through your mim jazz body?