Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Active Precision Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Excelite, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    Hello TB'ers,

For sale I have a 2004 (according to serial #) Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special with active electronics in excellent condition. The bass has one precision pickup and one jazz pickup. The precision is a Alnico, and the jazz is a Fender Vintage Noiseless Jazz pickup. As you can see in the picture, the fingerboard is maple, which makes this bass look very nice. I had to wait over a month to get this feature, as the place I ordered from had to special order it from the Fender wearhouse.

For pictures: http://photobucket.com/albums/d177/excelite/For Sale/

This bass has Schaller straplocks installed on it that I will include, but I can remove them and put the originals if you prefer. I bought this bass in August and have kept it in its hard shell case, or on a stand.

I would like to get $500 shipped in gigbag, but I am willing to negotiate a deal, so PM me with offers. I am selling this because, although it is a very nice, great sounding bass, It is not my style. I am looking to get something with a vintage tone and look, as my new band plays blues and some modern rock. If you have any questions about the bass, I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks, Ryan

2. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    I am also selling a few items for my guitarist:

Epiphone "Goth" Flying V ('58 reissue)- Excellent condition, less than 2 years old, a few scratches here and there but nothing major. Plays wonderfully and sounds great. $280 plus shipping.
    Pics:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/d177/excelite/For Sale/

Behringer V-amp 2 - Mint condition, used only a few times, never gigged. Comes with power supply, carrying bag, and owners manual. $50 plus shipping.

Oh and tennis ball in picture can be included. :)

3. Ryan,

What's the PBass's weight?

I'm curious about your reasons for moving this bass - after all, there's nothing more vintage-looking or -sounding than a PBass. Do the active electronics color the sound too much for your tastes? Can you adjust the gain of the preamp?

4. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    As far as weight, I am not exactly sure, and I dont have a scale, but it definately weighs less than the Peavey I have. With the Peavey, 30 minutes of playing or less starts to hurt my shoulder, with the P-bass, I would play 30 minute gigs and not be tired at all.

As far as what I said about what I want, I'm pretty sure its the active electronics that I dont like. Im a passive guy. Even though with this bass you can manipulate each aspect of the sound, that sort of thing really doesn't matter to me. I am going to get a Classic 60's Jazz RI after I sell this, which will hopefully be soon. I played one at GC, and I liked it so much that I put 100 bucks down to put it on layaway. Its not that one is better than the other, I guess its just that the other feels better to me, and thats what matters, right?

Oh and I am going to take the price down to $475, shipped.

5. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    pm sent

6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    And for those of you who do not like the gold plastic pickguard, www.pickguardheaven.com makes an AWESOME black/white/black (or any other color) aftermarket guard for the bass.

It's the same as the Fender Standard P-bass guard, but with four holes, vice three.

Tell the guy it's for the bass with the gold plastic guard. He'll know which one you mean-everybody replaces it. I guess Fender tried to sell this pickguard material to WD and they said 'no'. But that's another story.

7. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    All items are still available, but of course, I am most concerned with selling the P-bass at this time, as I have another bass on hold for me, but the reservation doesn't last forever...

8. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    Bump, once again. :(

9. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    looks nice, interested, price issue.
    pm me maybe we can work soemthing out

10. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    B.bandit, check your PM.

11. Seven7

Seven7

Nov 7, 2005
    NW Ohio
    I was looking for a Jazz Bass Special on account of the smaller Jazz neck but I think the Precision Bass Specials also have the Jazz neck?

Anyway, your's is quite nice and if you still need a buyer I would be interested to maybe working something out...

12. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I pm'ed you back

13. Seven7

Seven7

Nov 7, 2005
    NW Ohio
    PM'd you back.

Let me know what you think.

~7

14. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    Check your PM, I have answered all your questions, if you have more, just ask :) .

15. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    I have a few offers, but nothing set in stone, so make me an offer.

Ryan

16. Seven7

Seven7

Nov 7, 2005
    NW Ohio
    Sent PM!

17. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    Currently on hold for Seven7 :)

18. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    major GAS for one of those right now, but I can't get it, too bad, you have a good deal here.

Greg

19. Excelite

Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    Bass has been sold to Seven7, thanks for all the interest from others. Guitar items are still available if anyone is interested.