1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Adam Clayton Signature: Ignore the Flash, Short Custom Shop, this is Fender’s Best!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I know this bass looks gaudy, but it is put together better than any other Fender, especially passive, than I can think of. The fret work is perfect. The neck reminds me Music Man in terms of the finish. The bridge, tuners, all hardware is perfect.

The pickups are outstanding. This bass has the best bridge pickup I have heard ever. The output of the bridge pickup is head and shoulders over the bridge pickup of my beloved DJ5.

To be clear, I am not in the market for this bass, but anyone who wants a Seventies style Fender Jazz should give this bass a long, hard look if you can afford the $1,999 price tag.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Dasgre0g, lgrankin, Fit4pain and 3 others like this.
  2. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    ono - yes.

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I remembered that I loved the bridge pickup on the Fender Flea Jazz too. Maybe Fender is stepping up their game with bridge pickups?

4. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I remembered that I loved the bridge pickup on the Fender Flea Jazz too. Maybe Fender is stepping up their game with bridge pickups?

5. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Notes clear as a bell, and popping off of the fretboard! That's one of the best
    passive basses that I have heard you demo! Great bass and great demo! :thumbsup:

P.S. - I'll take the Adam Clayton passive over the Flea bass!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My daughter forgot her lunch, and something just told me to come by the store. I wish I had a repertoire of songs prepared ahead of time.

That bass is something else, I think the Adam Clayton Jazz can to toe to toe with Suhr, Lull, Lakland, Moollon, or anybody else’s passive boutique Fender clone.

Dasgre0g likes this.