Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Aerodyne cavity question?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Aug 6, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Is there any room in the cavity of these to add a Preamp? Active EQ? :confused: Ive got a Bartolini NTBT 918 that I've had for quite some time. I was wondering if I bought an aerodyne if I would be able to use it in there without having to do any routing.

2. Uhh, I don't really have a clue about such work, but if it helps, I checked out mine and the cavity is about 12.5cm x 2.5cm and is about 2.5cm deep. It's a little bit spacious, and though it'd be quite a tight fit, I think you'd be able to fit in one or two 9v batteries in there along with pots and cables. If you want I could take a photo of it?

3. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    If you already have it apart that would be great, but if not don't worry about it. Thanks For the info!! :hyper:

4. No problemo! Here they are, batteries are there to give you some idea of the scale (they do fit quite nicely in there!) :) if I can provide any more piccies or help or anything i'd be glad to!

5. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks for the pics!! It would be a tight fit but I think I may be able to make it work. COOL! Now I'll have to buy one, my wife is going to kill you dude!! Ha, Ha. :D

6. 'Tis a pleasure :) yeah I think it'd be possible, and I certainly hope so, let me know how it goes! I'd love to do something similar myself, adding an active preamp would pretty much make this the perfect bass for me hehe...but until I have the knowledge (and more to the point the money :p) to, it's is still more than good enough for me :smug:, hope it does you justice too! And uhh, tell your wife I said sorry hehe :) (i'd say this bass is worth being in the sin bin for tho hehe).