1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Aerodyne, Dimarzio DP126 pickups, DR Sunbeams, great condition! **new price - $475 CONUS**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by got_the_bug, Oct 28, 2018.

1. got_the_bug

got_the_bug Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a 2017 Fender Aerodyne, purchased new by me nearly 1 year ago. The pickups were replaced with a new Dimarzio DP126 P/J set as soon as I received the bass. It sounds great, looks great, and is light and comfortable to play.

-1.5" nut
    -8.3 lbs.

The condition is excellent, and it's not been played much...mostly because I'm OCD, and the gloss black finish, while beautiful, is difficult to keep pristine. If you're a normal human being and don't suffer from that affliction, you'll be pleased with this bass.

$650 (PayPal) shipped in the CONUS.

I'm selling a few basses to try to fund another purchase, so I'm not interested in trades at the moment.

Thanks for looking!

aerodyne_body.JPG aerodyne_front.JPG aerodyne_rear.JPG aerodyne_serial.JPG

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. got_the_bug

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    Friday bump...price dropped to $600 shipped CONUS; includes Fender gig bag.

3. got_the_bug

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    Sold...thanks, Brad!

4. got_the_bug

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    Back up for sale after an unfortunate incident with FedEx...I had the bass in a Fender gig bag, and paid for FedEx to pack and ship it. In short, it ended up being poorly packed, and ended up at the original buyer's residence upside down resting on the headstock. That resulted in a small chip and impression in the tip of the headstock. It's not very noticeable when looking straight on at the bass, although it's clearly visible when looking down at it -- I've tried to capture it in the pics below. Understandably, the original buyer pointed out it was not mint, as described, so I accepted the return of the bass.

Why do you care? Because that means a good deal for someone else! :) The bass still looks great cosmetically overall, and of course, it still sounds the same with the upgraded Dimarzio pickups. New price in consideration of the mark on the headstock -- $500 shipped and insured in the CONUS.

Thanks!

IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2444.JPG

5. got_the_bug

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    Price drop and bump...$475 shipped CONUS...this is only $25 more than my local GC offered for a trade a couple months back! Great bass and deal for someone...

6. Great deal and excellent pickups choice for this bass.

got_the_bug likes this.
  7. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

Do you have the original pickups?

8. got_the_bug

Sep 5, 2007
    NH
    No, I do not have the original pickups. I had them replaced by my local luthier, who usually returns any take off hardware when I pick things up, but I didn’t ask for the originals back.

Another bonus I forgot to mention is that I will include a nearly new set of Chrome flats in case those are preferred over the Sunbeams it’s strung with now.