1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Aerodyne includes...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bderivan, Jul 6, 2017.

1. bderivan

bderivan

May 21, 2017
    I ordered a Fender Aerodyne 4 string jazz bass off of Musicians Friend and when it got here the box didn't include the normal Fender paperwork (warranty, sticker, owner's registration) or a gig bag. I've never bought a Fender that didn't include these things. Is this normal for the Aerodyne?

Thanks.

2cooltoolz likes this.
  2. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    The MIM Standard Fender basses don't come with a gig bag. If you're concerned, contact Musicians Friend.

3. bderivan

bderivan

May 21, 2017
    I reached out to them but haven't heard back. I'm more concerned about the lack of paperwork, which leads me to believe it may have been an open box item. Another really strange thing is that when I picked it up from UPS they said I owed $4 in shipping.

4. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Just comes in a box!

5. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Mine came in a box. When I sold it I did include a gig bag....that's how I roll.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  6. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Pictures or it didn't happen!! These are great basses. Quit worrying about the minutiae and play that bass!!

7. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    They're drawing the line around $1k now for gig bags & "stuff".
    I think the cheapest one to come with a gig bag was the Dee Dee Ramone Signature, but it also had much case candy.

The Dave Murray Strat (a $1k guitar) comes in just a gig bag :bored:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  8. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

That may be, but the Aerodyne is neither "MIM", nor "Standard". It's part of their "Deluxe Series" and is an MIJ instrument.

@bderivan; I believe they used to include a gig bag with that model, but I'm not terribly surprised to hear they may have moved the cut-off to $1k+ instruments. However, I'd recommend you contact Fender Customer Service. They might be able to send you a little bit o' paperwork or whatnots. In the meantime, here's the .pdf of it's service manual they sent me when I requested it.

Whatever happens, I hope you enjoy the hell out of your bass. I know I love mine, and not just because my first-ever bass was a 'Dyne. ;)

Attached Files:

9. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Nearly every model Fender makes has a gig bag that goes with it. You just have to pay extra to get it in many cases. I remember when I bought a $350 Fender MIJ MB-5 in 1994, and it came with a hard shell case AND a gig bag that was slightly shorter than a normal bass gig bag.

10. Catbuster

Catbuster

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    Neither of the Aerodynes I purchased had a gig bag. They just came packed in a box.

11. bderivan

bderivan

May 21, 2017
    So it's been awhile but I finally have a resolution. So it was an open box model with a grounding issue causing a loud buzz. Musicians Friend is supposedly sending me a return label to send it back but I have yet to receive it. They did say as soon as the UPS scans the label they'll ship me the new bass even before the receive the one I'm mailing back, which is nice, but I initially made this order on July 2nd and I still don't have the new bass I purchased. So all in all, probably won't be using Musicians Friend again.

12. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Here in Norway, the Aerodyne Jazz comes with a gig bag.