Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, I think im going to buy it. What do you think of it?
  2. Zeu

Jul 8, 2004
    Hi guy,

I've receive mine this week from Ishibashi and it kick a*s.
    The neck is the heigth wonder of the world (thin, fast, etc...)
    the body is beautiful, PU are really great ( love PJ ).
    to me it's really one of the best Fender ever made.

see ya.

3. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I like the looks of the Aerodyne bass. However tonally it didn't exactly blow me away. I don't know if its the basswood body, but it just seemed...I don't know...thuddy. I then tried a US Highway Jazz (alder body) and though it looked rather ordinary, the tone seemed more alive. The same with the Geddy Lee Jazz (also alder body). All these basses are around $620 or so. I really dug the neck on the Geddy bass as well and with a black or mirror pickgaurd, you'll have a pretty sharp looking bass.

Don't get me wrong, the Aerodyne was good. I just found the Geddy and the Highway a little better.

4. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    The Old Candy Apple Red finish on the import Aerodynes is sweet with the black pickguard (the same goes for the Gun Metal Grey as well).
  5. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Where did you see one? I've only seen pictures online at Japanese sites.
  6. I wanted an Aerodyne for a litle while. Then I played a G&L ;)

7. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    I actually tried one for the second time a couple of hours ago, I like it, sounds very "active" for a passive bass :p
  8. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Ya I've seen several different kinds of Aerodyne basses looking through google and stuff...
    These are some i got from the fender japan website.
    And then i got this one frome guitartrader.com

they kind of look different...
  9. Is that a satin finish?
  10. nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I love the way they look, but overall I like my MIJ jazz specials better. The Aerodyne is a great idea - I wish they made a deluxe version w/ ash body & upgraded hardware.
  11. If i could get ahold of one in Olympic white on an ash body, or ANY type of a figured type in amber/vintage yellow, and maybe throw the full electronics package from the RB5 in there too... fender would have me by a leash.

Wait, do they even make a 5 string??? Maybe i should wait for them to pull that off first.
  12. Played a used one at G C in miami, last week not bad for 400 bucks!!!