Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neonsun33, Feb 9, 2006.

1. neonsun33

neonsun33

Feb 9, 2006
    As a matter of interest, i am wondering what brand, and gauge of strings people have been using and found best for this guitar?

This information will be extremely helpful in understanding what people have had the most success with.

2. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Mine came from Japan with some flatwounds on it. I don't know which brand, but I am now a flatwound convert. I love the tone on this combination.

[​IMG]

3. pseek

pseek

Jun 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    I use Fender Pure Nickel RoundWound strings (7150M)
    .045-.105

4. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    DR Black Beauties on mine. They're fantastic.

I had DR Hi beams on it before this set. Those are great strings too, but i like the feel of the Black Beauties better. Looks wicked to.

5. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Fender Super Bass 7250ML's for me (Nickelplated Roundwound).

Seventhson - love that photo, I have the exact same one (Japanese non-export in Dolphin Grey).

6. mmm, reignited GAS for a jazz bass.

lowsound

7. HarrySack

HarrySack

Jun 2, 2005
    WOW seventhson, i want one to, i like it to say the least......

8. trainsales

trainsales

Jun 24, 2005
    La Bella nylon tapewound on the aerodyne.

9. AAAARRRRRGGGGG I really want one of these! dont know what colour of if i like the import or export models more, but, arg, they are purteh!

10. Tommythecat71

Tommythecat71

Apr 27, 2006
    if you are going for jazz then probably flats. and how is the jazz tone on that bass?

11. reptilia

reptilia

Jun 7, 2006
    Lost in SoCal
    i have an arodyne and love it :D havent got around to changing strings from stock yet but im going for flats

12. I've played one in a store and was quite impressed! dunno much about the strings, i'm guessing they were the stock strings though. Fantastic bass!

13. Restrung mine with TI Jazz Flats. :hyper:

Playability, tone, feel is absolutely incredible.

G

:bag: