1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Aerodyne or Tony Franklin Signature?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thom-clarence, May 4, 2010.

1. thom-clarence

thom-clarence

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm on a quest for a nice fretless bass. I have a five string stingray, so my slap and low-end needs have been met. I play upright as well, so I'm not concerned about intonation and don't necessarily need the fret markers. Currently my two favorite options are the Tony Franklin signature and the Aerodyne. That being said, I havent played either one and I have not been impressed with most of the Precision style basses I have played. From what I've heard the P/J combination produces really nice tone for fretless.

I was hoping for some advice on the situation...

2. I didn't know they made a fretless Aerodyne.

The Tony Franklin sig is a really nice bass. I'd go that way if you have the cash.

3. thom-clarence

thom-clarence

Mar 22, 2009
    Maybe the ones I've seen have been modded.

this one sounds great tho.

I've got reservations about the Tony Franklin bass cos I've never been a fan of precision necks

4. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I love the Aerodyne. I was so close to going for one of them but instead went for the American Standard Jazz and modded it to be fretless because I hate the fretlines they give you. I'd go with the Aerodyne. I bet the P/J is nice.