1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Aerodyne PBass with Norstrands for Trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Trade
    Strings:
    I am looking to possibly trade or sell my Red Aerodyne PBass for something active ideally. I have recently had the bass professionally upgraded. Cavity's have been shielded, new dimarzio custom pots installed and most importantly a set of Norstrand PJ pups. These pickups dramatically improve the sound over the stock pickups. I will include the stock pickups in the trade for anyone interested.
    The pup set has the single coil bridge pickup. I decided not to go with the hum cancelling as I much prefer the sound of the true single coil. Also installed a push/pull tone pot that turns off the bridge pickup when engaged so as to truly solo the P Pickup. There is a noticeable sound difference when the pickup is turned off rather than just the volume turned down. Bass plays amazing. Shaped like a Pbass but with a more Jazz like neck. It has clearly been played and has a couple dings on the front, the headstock and some sort of pock marks in the clearcloat on the back. I have tried to get these imperfections in the photos. Just don't expect a mint looking bass. Plays and sounds perfect though.
    Comes with a generic tear drop hardshell case.

Ideally looking for a L2000 with or without K Switching or a Lakland 44-02. I am open to other options as well so if you are interested send your trade idea my way.

I am located in the Toronto area but have no trouble doing trades anywhere in North America. $775.00 shipped

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Bump

3. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Not a lot of these around and I would love to get my hands on it - but have neither the G&L or Lakland you're after.

The only weakness (to some) were the electronics and you've clearly improved that. It must play and sound amazing.

Bump for a fellow Torontonian with a beautiful bass. GLWTS.

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Hey Marko. Do you have anything interesting to trade. You never know. I am really just putting out feelers now but I may consider a sale and buy a g&l. I'll let you know if I do.

5. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Only items equal in value would be my current 'keepers'. I do have some project items that may interest... Non-export Aero body in dolphin grey, Power Jazz Special that needs a lot of TLC, a couple of Frankenbasses, various necks/bodies/hardware/electronics - and reluctantly - I have a lightweight, pristine condition Dr Bass 212 cab loaded with Eminence LFAs (1000W @ 4Ohm). Would rather keep that but for a rare MIJ like this I might part with it since an Aerodyne P is one of the very few items on my GAS list, needed to round out my MIJ family.

6. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    any chance you have a cash number?

7. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    I might consider a straight sale now. Price would be $775.00 shipped in North America. I am trying a local sale first though to be honest but if anyone is interested let me know.

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    trade for a L2000 pending. Will close thread if it happens.

9. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    still available. Trade fell through.

10. Jutsushine

Jutsushine

Jan 8, 2010
    PM

11. Granny1089

Granny1089

Oct 15, 2012
    Saskatoon, SK
    Any interest in amps?

12. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    No thanks.

13. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Cool bass. If I'd not just picked one up, this would be on the way to my house. GLWTS.

14. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Norstrands have been removed and original Japanese pickups are back in. Bass is now for sale only at 650.00 shipped. I will update be closing this thread and opening another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.