Fender Aerodyne Preamp installation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fettbass, Mar 3, 2018.

1. I've done a bunch of searching and got nothing definitive. Any recommendations for a preamp to drop into a fender aerodyne jazz with minimal surgery? The downsized body makes it a bit tricky. Anyone done it? Not much info online.

2. One last bump on this.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I’ve never worked on an Aerodyne, so I don’t know what limitations there are with the body size, but I would check out Audere.

Audere Preamps

4. Yeah no confirmation from Audere themselves so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on one.

5. BE22E2AF-3022-4F00-BDED-280BAE561723.jpeg 51034A44-3CE2-4D03-9A44-8C13CE25BFC3.jpeg Since there is literally no info online about this I thought I’d post an update. Was able to BARELY get an audere 2 band module pre to fit in with very minimal routing to widen the cavity to fit a 9 volt. Barely got away with having to deal with routing a battery box and this way I can go back to stock if I so choose.

ccouch7 likes this.
  6. Warren Wade

Warren Wade

Jun 26, 2020
    Hi fettbass,

I have a Fender Areodyne bass like yours and I too want to fit a preamp. I can see from the photos you've gone for the two band model with pickup mixing volume and balance with two control bands, hence volume, (single pot) balance (single pot) with bass/treble (stacked pot). As we both know space is really tight in these basses due to the factory spec small pot size.

I'm tempted to go for four band tone control, which would mean installing three stacked pots. Can I ask if your battery has any clearance room when fitted over to single pots, or does it have to rest on top of them?

Thanks,

Warren

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021