1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Aerodyne Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gln1955, Jun 19, 2017.

1. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Price:
    $625
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my fender Aerodyne Precision bass. This bass was my number 1 for a few years, but I’ve migrated to playing medium and short scale basses these days. I’m needing to finance a custom build, so a few things need to go. If you’re not familiar with the Aerodyne P, it’s CIJ and was not distributed in the USA, so there aren’t nearly as many of these around as the Aerodyne J.

Specs:

Thin basswood body

Cream body binding

Flame maple cap

Trans amber finish with matching headstock

34” scale, 1.5 inch width at the nut; the neck contour feels very similar to my MIM Jazz

Rosewood fretboard

Passive P/J configuration with V/V/T controls

Typical Fender tuners and bent plate bridge

Weight is about 8.5 pounds​

Full disclosure: The CIJ serial number indicates a build date between 2006 and 2008. I bought this bass in 2009 from Jersey Guitars via eBay. As I said, these were not distributed through normal channels in the USA. The bass is stamped “USED” on the back of the headstock and has the last three digits of the serial number stamped out. I assume this was done to bring it through the “grey market” since it was in absolutely brand new perfect condition when I got it, with protective plastic on the pickguard and pickups. I replaced the output jack a few months after I got it because the unrepairable barrel jack went wonky. The nut was filed to accommodate BEAD tuning, but has since been returned to EADG with no problem. There are no other mods or issues with this bass. It’s currently sporting D’Addario Chromes.

I can include a tweed HSC form Musicians Friend for an additional $50, if interested.

Price $625.00, includes shipping to CONUS.

vin088xk1 likes this.
  2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    North DFW, TX
    This won't last long. Nice bass!

3. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    I absolutely LOVE these! GLWTS!

4. Jimmythebass