Fender Affinity Squier........ or Washburn LB60!??!!? please help me choose!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Punk_Princess19, Sep 13, 2001.

1. I am trying to choose which bass im gonna buy through polls .. and answers from people on talkbass.com and through my friends that are in bands.. you would be helpful if u give me any information that you have.. thanks!! ;) :) :eek: If you have any extra info that u wanna talk to me about.. or anything.. jus email me or msn message me @ .... CLICK HERE!! :cool:

Here are links to the pictures and info about the to basses..

:) THANKS!!
  2. The fender will come with a 15 watt amp... guitar strap.. etc. Its price is $499 (Canadian)
    The Washburn comes with a 10 watt amp. its price is $350 (Canadian).:cool: :) :( :oops: :p
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dunno out of the 2 i guess i'd say get the fender. A p-bass is a much better punk bass. Ive heard alot of metal players like those washburns. I play punk and my weapon of choice is a musicman stingray. You might think about waiting and getting one of the budget stingrays. I'm not sure how they sound but nothing beats a stingray tone IMO. But if your just going with those choices i'd pick the fender, then put a quarter-pounder pickup in it and maybe a badass bridge. Just sumthing to think about.
  4. Ok.. well..me and my friends are makin a alternative.. rock.. punk.. metal band.. i know that sounds odd but.. its a mix of nirvana/kittie/bif naked/orgy i know what ur saying.. " thats odd." but.. i already know that.. i dont know which bass will sound the best.. punky fender.. or rockish wasburn.. humph. i need help. :confused: :eek:
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    If you are looking for something inexpensive, I suggest checking out the Dearmond Pilot basses. Musicians Friend and Sam Ash are having blow out sales and you can get a 4-string for $99 and a 5-string for $159 (if they have any left). I got one of the 5's just because they were so inexpensive, and was suprised at how good it sounded and played.
  6. The Washburn bass you're talking about has a P pup. So for punk you're off to a good start. BUT...it's not a p-bass. Since you plan on playing many diff. styles the J pup will give you some versatility. You could always change the pups to something that suits your styles better it it doesn't work out. I have that bass and really like it.
  7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

Yeah, I use a Sterling... and I play a lot of punk stuff, and a fair amount of ska stuff.

Out of the price range though, I'd say save a tiny bit more up and get an MIM Jazz bass or a Precision bass. You'd probably get a better deal in buying a Jazz, because of the versatility.

You can always hook up jazz basses too.

Check them out. They're only like $300 or so.
    If this is your first bass, get the MIM Jazz (It's worth while getting a Mexican one in comparison to the Squire's)...

And I suggest a Peavey 1x10 combo...

Both will suffice for what you need right now, and both will still be incredible to have down the road.

You'll have a good practice amp, and a bass that you can hook up.

You might be thinking "How can I hook it up?"

Well... As said above, you can add pickups... Add a preamp, change the bridge to a gotoh, hipshot, badass, or whatever you like (those are just the big names in bridges).

I say you save a little and get an MIM Jazz bass. My first bass was a Squire Music Master, I regret wasting the money on a Squire. It wasn't a bad bass, but Squire's tend to just fall apart.

Just my 2 cents.