Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Am. Jazz Deluxe opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chace90, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey everybody

I'm new to this but it looks like it's pretty cool. I was just wondering if anyone has ever played or owned a Fender American Jazz Deluxe V and what did you think of it?
    I've got one coming and I want to know what other peoples experiences are with them.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There's a prodigious amount of info here about the MIA JD5. You could start with a search on "MIA JD5" or "Jazz Deluxe". They're everywhere;)

I have three, one stock, another with a J-Retro and the third is the new Jazz Deluxe FMT (Figured maple Top). I like all three, I guess if yo have any specific questions fire away. You'll find that, like a lot of things, some love them, some think they're okay and some hate 'em.

3. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I have a '98 American Jazz Deluxe V, and am very happy with it. The only problem I had with the bass was the nut slot for the E-string was cut a wee bit too large, and thus, the string rattled when I plucked it too hard.

This bass has decent playability and a versitile sound. You should get many good years of musical delight from it.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've tried/played the MIA JD 5-next bass i buy will be one. I just gotta restrain myself from going on spending sprees before then. A friends dad told me @ a jam session[the dad[strat], burkehart {prs} and his son jon {drums} & me on bass]-buy a nice american fender and you'll be set for life. I don't think this could be more true-but then you gotta remember all the flavors that bass come in. :D you won't be disapointed.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I have a fender mia dlx 5 and I love it. havent had any problems with it, shes easy to play, and sounds great.

you should definatly do a search for these, its been brought up quite a bit.