1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Am. Jazz Deluxe opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chace90, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey everybody

I'm new to this but it looks like it's pretty cool. I was just wondering if anyone has ever played or owned a Fender American Jazz Deluxe V and what did you think of it?
    I've got one coming and I want to know what other peoples experiences are with them.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There's a prodigious amount of info here about the MIA JD5. You could start with a search on "MIA JD5" or "Jazz Deluxe". They're everywhere;)

I have three, one stock, another with a J-Retro and the third is the new Jazz Deluxe FMT (Figured maple Top). I like all three, I guess if yo have any specific questions fire away. You'll find that, like a lot of things, some love them, some think they're okay and some hate 'em.

3. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I have a '98 American Jazz Deluxe V, and am very happy with it. The only problem I had with the bass was the nut slot for the E-string was cut a wee bit too large, and thus, the string rattled when I plucked it too hard.

This bass has decent playability and a versitile sound. You should get many good years of musical delight from it.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've tried/played the MIA JD 5-next bass i buy will be one. I just gotta restrain myself from going on spending sprees before then. A friends dad told me @ a jam session[the dad[strat], burkehart {prs} and his son jon {drums} & me on bass]-buy a nice american fender and you'll be set for life. I don't think this could be more true-but then you gotta remember all the flavors that bass come in. :D you won't be disapointed.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I have a fender mia dlx 5 and I love it. havent had any problems with it, shes easy to play, and sounds great.

you should definatly do a search for these, its been brought up quite a bit.