1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender AM Professional Mustang Bass v JMJ Mustang

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Duroc17, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Duroc17

Duroc17

Sep 27, 2018
    Lancashire UK
    Really like the look of the new AM Prof Mustang - even with the jazz pup! Has greasebucket tone control, which I've had a P Bass which was good. Wish they did a maple neck

BUT

I've heard lots of good things about the JMJ - if they did it in red or natural then I wouldnt be writing this as i'd have bought one - this may sound petty but the Daphne Blue is Man City's colours and I'm a red

WHICH would you buy? both 1k in cash

Duder likes this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2004
    JMJ. I think it’s one of the best looking Mustang basses I’ve ever seen .Blue basses are bluetiful. Sounds great too.

Duroc17 and CameronJohnson like this.
  3. Duroc17

Duroc17

Sep 27, 2018
    Lancashire UK
    I bought a 77 Mustang - ash body - delivery tomorrow

dmt, Duder and lowdownthump like this.
  4. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    I just bought the PJ. I really like it.
    Now i got GAS and thinking whats the differences soundvise between these three basses. PJ vs AM vs JMJ

Duroc17 likes this.
  5. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    I love that your FC affiliation factored into your purchasing decision. Closest I can come to that is I would never buy something in blue+orange (UF Gators kit). Thank goodness you don't see that color combination often in musical instruments!

patzilla83, Duroc17 and dmt like this.
  6. S.F.Sorrow

S.F.Sorrow

Dec 6, 2014
    I personally wouldn't want a J-pickup or a greasebucket circuit on a Mustang so the JMJ looks cooler to me. But I'm not really into cosmetically relic'ed basses or signature models either. It makes me feel like I'm paying extra for something I don't want. So I'll wait for Fender to release a non-J-pickup, non-relic'ed MIA Mustang in a cool color. I won't hold my breath...

j5eugene and Duroc17 like this.
  7. Duroc17

Duroc17

Sep 27, 2018
    Lancashire UK
    Update on the MIA 77 Mustang - love it! it's now number one bass! Still would like to try JMJ and AM but wont be buying

8. Duroc17

Duroc17

Sep 27, 2018
    Lancashire UK
    1432590753-DSC_0551.

9. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

Congrats on the NBD! Option #3 is my favorite. How does she sound? Take/post closer pics when you can.

The Am Performer Mustang’s J pup adds a bit wonkiness I can’t get past. I’ve looked at the JMJ a couple times but can’t pay for the relic-job.

sumskilz and Duroc17 like this.
  10. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    Ha ha Team color guitar. That’s something new.
    ManUnited are smiling these days. Ole must have done something right.

Duroc17 likes this.
  11. Duroc17

Duroc17

Sep 27, 2018
    Lancashire UK
    Yes Ole got United playing like United - going to the game on Saturday cant wait!

more pics of the mustang!
    1432590757-DSC_0549.

s-l1600 (3).
    s-l1600 (2).

12. That 77 is my dream bass. Hope you’re still digging it. Good find.