1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Amer Standard P w/ Geddy neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blepp, Dec 5, 2017.

1. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Price:
    Strings:
    2015 Fender American Standard Precision bass with 2016 Geddy Lee neck, ALL STOCK. Pro set up. There are 2 dents in the back (pictured) otherwise in great shape. Comes with strap locks and DiMarzo strap as well as the original tort PG. The neck is sanded a tiny bit as I'm not a fan of the sticky finish on the back of the neck, but a huge fan of the neck shape and feel...now plays perfectly IMO. I just bought a brand new Fender J bass, and I do not like the strings that came on it...I'll throw those new strings in as well. Comes with a Fender HS case. $750 CONUS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    drool

3. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Gotta love Geddy P's ! ! !

Laurie Bass likes this.
  4. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Arg. This is literally the exact bass I have been thinking of parting together. Sanded neck, and all. Jeez, and you're in Florida, too. Must. Resist.

5. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    LOVE the neck, hate that thick coat on the neck. I bought a 2016 Geddy Lee J just for that neck, sold the body.

6. Wolfenstein666

Wolfenstein666

Dec 19, 2014
    Was day dreaming about my ideal P bass the other day and this exact combo popped into my head. Great bass, great price. GLWTS.

7. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    Three questions...first, what's the weight. 2nd, any dead spots on the neck?

Last, and a question I've never asked before, what color is it? The pics aren't very clear...can't tell if it's like a cream, if it's white, etc.

Thanks

8. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    i have zero idea WHY or HOW this is still here!! The price is great - bass looks great - the neck (obv) great!...MIA....can't get any better in the bass quality to price ratio. If our stinkin currency exchange wasnt so bad, it would be heading to Toronto. :/ GLWTS - she is perfect.

blepp likes this.
  9. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Zero dead spots, weighs a bit over 9lbs. It's white.

10. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Better pics

Attached Files:

11. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    What strings are currently on it?

12. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    EB Colbalts .100

13. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    I love this build!

If you decide to part her out, please let me know. I can't decide what I could used more, the MIA body, or the sexy blocked Geddy neck. It's been so long since I've seen a Geddy I don't even remember what the neck feels like....

blepp likes this.
  14. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Trades?

15. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Probably no trades...yes, the neck is very nice, by far the best MEX neck made IMO.

16. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Would be willing to part out.