Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American Deluxe = Block Inlays?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's my American Jazz Deluxe FMT, with blocks and bound neck. So it could happen to a P-bass.

2. Love that bass! But as far as I know only the Am Deluxe FMTs have block inlays, as my Deluxe J and all the ones I've seen and played (including a couple Ps) had dot inlays that went from typical white to abalone in the year 2000 or so. Never have they been pearl blocks. I guess it could happen, but I don't know why Fender would one-off something like that, and I don't think it was standard at any point.

3. The CS Jazzes have blocks without binding, and my 99 deluxe jazz had abalone dots. I've never seen anything quite like this one.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That is tempting! Looks are killer!

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I didn't see a CS logo anywhere. Looks sweet anyway. :)

6. Looks like it's gotta be a custom piece. Surprised about the lack of CS logo though. Either way, its a nice bass at a great price. 5 hours left to bid if anyone's interested.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    my guess if they are aftermarket inlays- he mentions one of them is lifting a little.

8. I think so, too. Seems like he said in an earlier auction that they were added later, but I could be wrong.

Mike

9. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    hmm nice.

i own a maple board'd 4 string p deluxe, would look good with black blocks