1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Deluxe Jazz, 3TSB w/ Upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RobinC, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Happy New Year! Cleaning out the gear closet to start 2017 off fresh. No trades, please, unless you have a Radial PZ-DI. $1500 shipped CONUS. PayPal ok or local pickup in Seattle for $50 off.

body2.

This will probably be the best 2010 or newer Fender am dlx jazz bass you've ever played. Why? Because the previous owner spent 2 years waiting for the right one with the right weight (9.0 lbs) & balance and the most beautiful grain he could find. Additionally, It's been modified for ultimate playability and tone (subjective of course).

- PLEK by Mike Lull ($285) (night and day difference!!)
    - Setup by Mike Lull (price inc. with PLEK)
    - Sadowsky Single Coil Pickups installed by Mike Lull ($200 with install)
    - Custom Tortoise shell pickguard ($100?)
    - Electronics Shielded ($100ish) by Fender tech
    - Dunlop Strap-Locks ($15)
    - Brand new set of D'Addario nickel wounds and fresh 9-volt batteries installed 01/15/2017.

The bass is $1600 new with $700 in incredible mods to make this one of the best classic-styled basses utilizing modern comforts and superior building techniques (graphite reinforcement, PLEK, contoured heel, shielded SC pickups etc.). If you've never had a bass that was Plek'd then you don't know what you're missing. The feel and playability is unbelievably improved. I get it done to all my basses and it has improved every one considerably. The Sadowsky pickups are also so well-shielded that I had to call them back thinking they accidentally sent me the hum-cancelling.

The pics below were taken by the previous owner, so some of them still show the OEM N3 pickups installed (which will be included, as well as the black pick guard pictured. The 60's style rest shown below was just glued on with short screws and will also be included.) Comes with OHSC and case candy.

body-1.
    full.
    jazz2010dlx.
    head2.
    IMG_4916.JPG
    IMG_4917.JPG
    IMG_4918.JPG

Please NOTE that the case has a minor external blemish but is otherwise in perfect working condition:

IMG_4919.JPG

I'm also selling some other gear, take a look!
    For Sale - Pedals! Source Audio, Radial, fDeck!
    For Sale - American Deluxe Precision, Olympic White

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017