1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5 string with Sadowsky Preamp and Seymour Duncan pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by deependmusicllc, Jan 6, 2018.

1. deependmusicllc

deependmusicllc Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    For sale is a 5 string American Fender Deluxe Jazz bass with a Sadowsky preamp and Seymour Duncan pickups. I got this bass about 2 years ago on Talkbass. I've been a fan of both Sadowsky and Fender basses for a long time. This bass was an opportunity to play a Fender Jazz with the electronics that I really preferred. Many people don't care for the original electronics/pickups in the Fender Deluxe series. I'm one of those people. Just an opinion though. When I got this bass, I was really impressed. The tone is great. It's very well balanced from string to string. It also has a nice B string. I must sell due to a purchase. It also comes with an extra pickguard. I will ship to the lower 48 states only. Feel free to ask questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    5AFC11DB-8703-4C99-9FC5-C4488E4E96D4.jpeg

2012 model

3. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    Price reduction $1400. I'm really trying to sell this to fund a purchase that I'm receiving today. At the moment, I may entertain a trade plus cash on your end for a P-bass or P/J-bass. PM me with offers.

4. Man, this is a great deal that shouldn't last too long!

I've got an American elite jazz and a Sadowsky. The Fender plays great, but the Sadowsky is an absolute beast. I can only imagine how much better the Fender sounds with the dowsky pre in it.

GLWTS!

deependmusicllc likes this.
  5. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    Thanks for the comment. You are so right. I've played the Deluxe Jazz model with factory electronics and pickups. This is a huge improvement.

6. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Pretty tempting. I love the “Geddy Lee” look of this bass but play 5’s. My favorite active jazz was my Sadowsky RV4. This is a nice “Fendowsky Geddy Lee 5” for sure.

I have been debating a new Fender Elite Jazz V but I am not completely sold on the Fender preamp.

What’s the weight?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  7. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    That's a perfect description of this bass. You can dial in that tone with this preamp/pickup combo if desired. Or roll back the tone knob. I've always loved this preamp. I'll weigh the bass tonight after work. It doesn't feel heavy though.

8. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    I just weighed the bass on the bathroom scale. It weighs 10.2 pounds.

9. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Fender J basses...always a little heavy.

10. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    It’s still a very comfortable bass. In a gig, I'll switch out between this Fender and a Sadowsky, which is a little lighter, but once it's on me, I don't notice. They're both very comfortable.

11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I'm spoiled by my 7.8 pound Roscoe...but this is still tempting as it has a look I like and Sadowsky electronics.

deependmusicllc and G RICH 5 like this.
  12. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    I've got two Roscoes also. I understand about them being light. But the weight was not why I bought them. They are just quality basses. This Fender was very well put together. The upgrades make it such a blast to play.

13. I'm surprised this is still here. Anything under 10.5 lbs to me is lightweight - especially for Fender 5s :laugh:

Last I heard, Duncan also makes the pickups for Sadowsky's so this probably sounds dang similar to a regular Sadowsky (which is awesome).

14. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    It's not much different in tone. I can get this one to sound a little more aggressive with the tone knob all the way up or just like a Sadowsky with it rolled back just a very small amount. In the past, I've had a habit of buying and selling basses pretty fast. I'm very particular with what I like. I also usually regret selling most of the basses I sell. As much as I like Fender basses, I've never held onto one for this long. I know that approximately 2 years doesn't seem like long for most people, but this is by far the closest I've ever gotten a Fender to sound like a Sadowsky.

15. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    I'm very particular with what I like. I also usually regret selling most of the basses I sell.

A common sentiment around here I'd venture.

16. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    As mentioned above, my main goal is to sell this bass. No hurry though. I do need to clear cash to cover a purchase. That being said, I might be interested in a partial trade for either a P or P/J bass. Possibly a mixer or PA speakers might interest me. PM me.

17. deependmusicllc

Mar 18, 2011
    Marksville, LA
    Well, I think I've come to my senses. I've been playing this bass all week and I know why I never wanted to sell it before. I'm holding onto this jewel.