Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American Deluxe Jazz ash in aged cherry

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,this is my first post.Has anyone tried this baby yet.Ihear Fender finally got their electronics in the deluxe's right.But I heard they have neck problems now,supposedly with the layer of grafite installed under the fretboard.I would love to hear from anyone on this discussion.Thanks Joe.Ps also has Peavey dropped their Cirrus Bxp line?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a 98 model jazz eluxe, and the electronics were absolutely great. But I wanted a bit more agressive tone, so I went with DiMarzios. If I can ever get new pickups covers for them, I am going to try some lace sensors. You might look into a used one, because they are absolutely amazing.

3. Thanks Trevorus,are you saying on the end that the Cirrus Bxp's are excellent?

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I was referring to the Jazzes. But the BXP's are good. I do like them, but for the same amount of money almost (used) I would get a conklin.