Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass 5 strings have Rosewood fingerboard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coleman, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Coleman

Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    Hi,

i visit fender official website i see Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass (5 strings) 2004 update model (even ash body and alder body) i only see that the fingerboard made by maple & Pao Ferro,
    but i see Music123 can order rosewood fingerboard

https://www.music123.com/Fender-AM-Deluxe-J-Bass-5-String-i127489.music

it is really have rosewood fingerboard for Fender American Deluxe 5 strings Jazz bass?

Tks

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Just guessing-but i imagine, that what music123 is referring to as rosewood is the pau ferro board. I could be wrong though. That's all

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

arent all fenders rosewood? ( dont know exactly what they are i just know that maple is light and rosewood is dark)
    edit: im talking about basses and not custom artist ones.

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    No, the Fender fives come with a Pau Ferro board which is part of the rosewood family of woods. They won't budge on this which sucks cuz I'd like a maple one instead of my pau ferro, but the PF sounds good. Nice and warm.

5. Coleman

Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    oic! tks!

6. I think the American Deluxe 5ers do come in maple too. Those (and the FMTs) are about the only ones that offer maple boards on 5ers (most being Pau Ferro). However no Fender 5 comes with a rosewood board.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    the only way you can get a maple board on an FMT is on a four string, fives only come in pau ferro. the american deluxes offer a maple board, but they are not as common.

8. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    I just ordered a MIA Jazz DELUXE 5 with an ASH body and maple necka few months ago. For the new (2004 and up) they arent doing rosewood for the neck. However older MIA jazz did have the rosewood neck. I think music 123 website has an old update.

9. Coleman

Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    i live in hongkong & music123 answer me that cant ship fender product to me, my local instruemnt store very old update new insturment, do anyone know what way can order this model bass and can ship to HongKong?