Fender American Deluxe Jazz FMT in the house

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeYello, Oct 22, 2002.

1. JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I just picked up a prior owned Fender American Deluxe Jazz FMT. I am saying prior owned because it is definately not used. I believe it had the original strings on it. The bag of accessories in the case was never opened. The bound neck is awesome, very comfortable and fast. The figured top looks beautiful. It is tobacco sunburst, it looks more orange in the picture than it really is. It has a great sound, with a wide range of tones. It rivals my Sterling but looks better. My gas is cured............for this week. ;)
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I like the FMTs.. i have been trying to get my hands on one for sometime now to play one.. but alas.. i have been unsuccessful
  4. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    Looks like you got that from bass central, and that used to be my bass!

5. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Anybody else want to buy one of these?

Check out this very nice amber flamed top FMT 5 that's available at Sweetwater.com.

6. JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I knew somebody from this Forum probably had owned that bass. What strings were on it? They didn't feel like round-wounds. I used it Friday night with the strings that came with it and then I switched over Saturday. They felt a bit loose for me. I guess you took good care of this bass. Why did you sell/trade it in?
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    pretty snazzy bass..... I have thought about the FMT's from time to time, but I have other fish to fry right now... I have a Lakland jones to fix!

8. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    They are Fender's 8250's. Essentially they are medium gauge nickels.

I sold it b/c I found an other one at Sweetwaters with a better top (for me) so I didn't need two.