1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender American Deluxe Jazz V Control Layout

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShonnaFan, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan

Jun 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    I've got a 2011 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V in Sunburst, and it has a a black pick guard and control cover.

I saw a picture of a white 2011 FADJV on a blog and it has a metallic control layout with a guide to what function each knob performs. The control layout is listed as Fender part number 078818, as best as I can tell from the photo.

Is this control layout standard on some models? Can I order one, I wonder?

I searched online and in the Fender forums but turned up nothing.

[​IMG]

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That is a thin overlay on top of the standard control plate. It peels off. Some come with a plastic overlay. I don't think you can buy these anywhere.

3. Chipit

Chipit

Dec 7, 2011
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    It is standard on the newer MIA Jazz Deluxe 4 and 5's. It is actually not a metal plate, but a plastic card that fits nicely over the controls. I would think any fender dealer would be able to get one for you, or perhaps someone that doesnt have a use for theirs anymore would be willing to part with one.

4. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan

Jun 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ahhh...

From the photo I couldn't tell it was temporary.

Thanks.

5. tojge

tojge

Jun 11, 2010
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I'm guessing you got your bass used, right? :)

Like others have said, it's a transparent plastic overlay that can (and should) be removed easily. And thank God for that! :bag:

Funnily enough, I kept the one from my '08 American Deluxe Jazz V... see photo below.

Attached Files:

6. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan

Jun 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    It was an open box from Sweetwater. Not a scratch on it, but missing the plastic overlay, apparently. ;)

7. tojge

tojge

Jun 11, 2010
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Well, either way, congrats on your acquisition, it's a sweet bass for sure (though I still prefer the older, pre-2010 Deluxes, but that's just me), play it in good health! :)