1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Deluxe Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Parent, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    2006 model. Butterscotch Blonde. Ash/Maple. SCN pickups with 18 volt pre-amp. Has a very nice neck. Price is firm at $1095 shipped CON US . Ships in it's factory SKB hardshell case.

Several years ago I took this bass to a Fender authorized luthier who does extensive work on musical instruments and had the neck re-shaped on the back, so it's thinner from front to back. The re-finish is a match to the original and the neck profile dimension measurements were taken from my MTD 535 at the time.

I also shielded in the entire control cavity. Only reason I'm selling this bass is because I modified another Fender V to achieve a slightly narrower nut width (1.75") which is more to my liking. The nut width on this neck is stock Fender 1.875".

If you like the 1.875 width, but don't like the "chunk"....you will like this bass. Tonally it is what a Fender funk machine is all about. Bright, snappy and in your face. Good clarity and the B is right there in balance with the other strings. The playability of this bass wonderful, mainly due to the slightly narrower 18.5 MM string spacing.

All my transactions go like clockwork and you will not be disappointed.
    Bass is ready to ship immediately.

Price is firm, no trades at this time. Thanks for looking.

2. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    The reshape came out fantastic.....totally impossible to tell other than it plays better :)

3. whoa!!!!!!! :eek:

4. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    PM's replied to.

The 4 + 1 headstock that Fender went to in 2003 VS. the 1990's 5 inline represents a step forward tonally. The B string has a retainer which creates more string tension and the B string post is further from the nut.

Just FYI.

5. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    dum dee dum

6. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    AUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! How to raise the money before you put her back up again????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm...let's see,where'd the little wife put the title to our home?:bag:

7. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    I've been going back and forth for a couple of days between getting this bass or holding out for a Marcus Miller V.

8. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Okay back on the block, got my backup bass situation all squared away.
    $1095 Shipped via PayPal.

The tone and playability of this bass is excellent. Custom neck! Plays like butter.....

9. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Been getting all kinds of Stingray V trade offers from Craigslist today.

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    im interested in seeing how you modded the other fender down to 1.75!

11. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    I took it to a local repair shop that has been a mainstay in this city for years, he gradually tapered the neck from the 14th fret to the nut, and the line on each side of the neck is dead on straight. Also tapered the back of the neck slightly from the 5th fret to the nut. He took off 1/16th of an inch width on both sides at the nut, so the taper is very gradual as it fans out to the body.

I prefer 1 3/4" nut width, took me years to figure that out. It's the only reason I'm selling the Butterscotch Blonde, because I have the Alder/Pau Ferro (pictured here) and for all the blues stuff I'm doing the Alder is a more appropriate tonal color.

Hope this possibly inspires others as well. Fender comes REALLY close, in my opinion to many of the upscale alternatives. The tone on either of these two basses has been the deciding factor leading to the sale all of my MTD's, F Bass, and others.

12. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thumbs up, that's really cool on the neck taper. Nice work by your luthier.

13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    awesome! how much did that run you? if the new amdlx 5's had 1.75 nuts id pick one up. i like that the heel is under 3 inches.

14. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Dresher, Pa.
    How much does it weigh? Fender pre-amp?

15. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Sorry did not get notification of this response, the electronics are standard in this bass. The weight I am guessing around 8 ish? 8.5 ish? Very managable.