1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Deluxe or Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ilketopak, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ilketopak

ilketopak

Nov 26, 2009
    Hi guys,

I'm playing bass for 4 years, last year I bought a Fender Jazz Bass, the salesman told me that it's Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass but now my friend told me that it's Deluxe. I searched on internet but can't find any 2007 American Deluxe serials. I know that they new American Deluxe basses' serials start with US. I mean, I liked the sound of my bass, I don't care that much also, but I want to know, If you can help me..

Here is the details:
    Made in 2007
    Serial: DZ7063935
    Corona/California

2. bodmin

bodmin

Apr 1, 2012
    Germany
    Mine is an American Deluxe Jazz (2007) and the serial number starts with DZ7, and you also state that yours is from Corona, California (should have "MADE IN U.S.A." under the serial number). I'm certain yours will be an American Deluxe series bass.

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The American deluxe line is made in America. The Deluxe basses are made in Mexico. I could be wrong but I believe that is correct.

4. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    The American Deluxe is made in the USA. Thats under the logo on the headstock, the neck plate says made in Corona Calif, USA & the serial # starts with DZ. All 3 of these will be present on a American Deluxe.

5. ilketopak

ilketopak

Nov 26, 2009
    Thank you guys, i reliefed:)

6. American Deluxe Series (made in USA) = ser. no. DZ about $1,600
    Deluxe Series, (made in Mexico) = Ser. no. MDZ about $700