Fender American Deluxe P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by intillectualmin, Sep 18, 2002.

1. intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    is it worth the money? it seems really nice... i like the 3 tone sunburst, but i mainly like how it has the humbucker with the p bass pick ups, but ive never played it... does anyone know if its really wortht he money?
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Depends on how much money you're takling about. Different places will charge different amounts. How much did you see one priced at, and where?
  3. ptuckerbass

Sep 12, 2000
    Orlando, Fl.
    I just saw three for sale on E-bay. They're brand new and the bidding starts at $695. I believe that The Bass Place is the seller. If you could get one for that price, it would be a deal.
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    The American deluxe P is a great bass! Mine IS from The Bass Place- $895 brand new with the case. It has its own signature sound that is slightly different from a regular P bass. This is understandable considering that there are many differences- pickups, active, smaller body, etc. The neck is terrific, the workmanship very good, and the sound-especially with both pickups on- is awesome. You won't be disappointed!