Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American Deluxe P Basses!?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Cutrer, May 5, 2001.

1. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    Any body got one, what do you think, I just picked one up and am totally blown away. What a veriety of tones for a P bass! Man!

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Scott ~

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. I've played the 4-string, and was very surprised at the variations in tone. And lots of GOOD tone at that. I've been thinking about the 5-string version in black, but haven't seen one around. It's my back-up position if mom balks at a Sadowsky. Congratulations, man!

3. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks Munji, I would like a 5 too, maybe with a maple neck, I played a new Deluxe J 5 string the other day and the maple boarded neck was screamin for some deadly funkin groove

4. Jman

Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    Waterport,NY
    Scott
    Have the usa p dlx and the usa jazz dlx and both of these basses are amazing.Excellent tonal range.These are the best basses fender makes but stick with the USA Deluxe's.Dont have a dead spot on neither of these basses.Excellent quality.

5. I played one of these recently and didn't even know what it was at first. This is one of the best basses that Fender makes right now. The range of tones is truly impressive. The price scared me a little, but then again, you get what you pay for.

You just bought one? Congrats! Enjoy it!

Mike J.

6. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    JMAN< I had the Deluxe Jazz too, great Axe.

Yes just got one Micheal, you can get good deals on them new.

7. Jman

Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    Waterport,NY
    Scott
    Congrats on the new axe,keep thumpin!

8. yeah, both the p-bass and j-bass deluxe models are pretty damn good. I actually enjoy playing my j-bass deluxe more than any of my other basses, and I have some high end ones, too.