1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

No longer available Fender American Deluxe Precision V - Teal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by allanmac00, Dec 5, 2016.

1. allanmac00

allanmac00 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Price:
    Strings:
    Putting this one back on the block. The one and only Fender American Deluxe Precision V (ADPV), in rare teal color. Serial number indicates this is a 2000. This thing is a tonal beast of a bass, and as you probably know it's been discontinued and therefore becoming harder to find.

It has some honest wear, which I tried to document as best I could in the photos. There is some buckle rash on the back which has scratched the surface, but hasn't gone through the clear coat. A nice buff would probably make this thing look minty. and there are several scratches and dings towards the bottom of the bass. I have also tried to capture a few very small dings on the headstock and one on the side of the neck. Other than these cosmetic blemishes, this thing is in full working order

Looking for $1195 shipped to CONUS in OHSC. Case is in good condition but doesn't close all the way in the back (see photos). Still works great though.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    joebar and Dec1975 like this.
  2. Do you have a pic of the headstock/tuners? Is it 5 in-line or 4+1? Also, do you know the weight?

3. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    Added head stock pics, 5 in line. Don't know weight offhand, will have to check. But most of these I've seen come in at 9ish or even less.

4. JOHNNY LONG

JOHNNY LONG

Aug 25, 2003
    RICHMOND,VA
    would you be interested in a trade plus cash.....1979 Westbury Track 4 bass

Attached Files:

5. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    Cool bass, but looking for a cash deal on this one.

6. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    No love out there for an ADPV? This is a killer bass.

7. Alivefor5

Alivefor5 Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    I have the brother to this one that I bought new in 2000. Mine is natural ash with tort and maple board. Folks these are ass kick basses and this one
    is priced right. Someone needs to step up.

allanmac00 likes this.
  8. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    Wow that sounds gorgeous. I'm a sucker for natural finishes (hence my avatar pic). I have actually considered keeping this one and possibly stripping it down to the wood and putting a black guard on it.

9. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    New price drop - would love to ship this off soon.

10. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    One last bump before I keep this thing.

11. allanmac00

Mar 7, 2006
    Decided to keep this for now.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021