1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Deluxe Precision..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 810wmb, Oct 3, 2008.

1. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    anyone have one here? if so, tell me about it please..

would you trade (or sale) a fender am. P and J to get one?

or keep the two?

just wondering

2. w33nie

w33nie

Jan 27, 2008
    I'd do it, but only if you really wanted it (you'd be going from passive to active electronics)

3. hesham8

hesham8

Mar 21, 2008
    Actually, I've been wondering about this thing too - I'm on the fence between the American Deluxe Precision and the L2000.

4. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    yep, i know...does it sound like a p though?

i have read that it doesn't. i'm wanting to know from someone who's got one.

5. BobKos

BobKos

Apr 13, 2007
    I owned one of these. IMHO, it did not work well. I am a Jazz Bass guy and wanted a P-Bass. The PB Dlx doesn't do a good old school P-Bass. It played really sweet, but I didn't like the active setup nor the bridge pup. I sold mine. For me, I think a standard P-Bass is better as a P-Bass and a Jazz Bass is better as an active / 2 pup bass. I certainly wouldn't trade two Am Fender basses for an Am P-B Dlx.

6. mournblade

mournblade Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    I wasn't crazy about the bridge pickup, but I liked the neck, loved the body and for me at least 22 frets are a must ( I prefer and have played 24 fret basses for so long that it just feels weird to have a bass with 20, even though I rarely play up there, well except for my Star spangled Banner rendition).

7. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    thanks guys, that's what i was looking for.

they look good on paper though!

8. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    I have one arriving at my house on Tuesday. Ill let you know whatsup when it shows up

9. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    thanks, i appreciate it

10. I once played one and was really impresses by it. If I wasn't in the shop to buy my new Stingray, I would have probably bought it (if I had the cash)

I've been using active electronics most of the time anyway, so that wasn't a problem to me. The bass I've played was really well made (something you can expect from a bass that expensive) and played really smooth. Lots of tonal options as well.
    To me, there is no drawback for this bass, but of course, to each it's own

11. jimmyjammer

jimmyjammer

Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    I've got a Deluxe P-bass and I love it. I grew up digging P-bass guys like Steve Harris and Bob Daisley and I reckon I get a sound very close to them, when I want it. I also have a Musicman Sterling, which is great for Flea and Tool sounds. I have a Sansamp BDDI and Ampeg SVT head with 4x10 cab. These things combined really help, of course.

However, THE MAIN REASON I got these basses are because, while they can definately cover most of the sounds I would ever need, I got them for the build quality. I am always going for MY sound... and so should you, I reckon.

12. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    i have a lakland 4-94....sounds great.

the p and j are passive, so i'm wondering over time if i would miss them.

i love my p, has flats, totally different from everything else. the j sounds great, but not used enough...

13. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    i do...i just have a few different sound i like.