1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Dimensions hard to find in stores

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yousaiditman, Apr 30, 2015.

1. yousaiditman

yousaiditman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    Endorsing Artist: (DNA) David Nordschow Amplification
    I'm curious if anyone has had a hard time finding American Dimensions in stock. I checked with GC and Sam Ash, and these Am models are all now considered special orders and not held in stores. Not sure where to go in Socal to try one out, but maybe I can check with TrueTone in Santa Monica since they have a Fender room.

So is this just a one off in my area or are others seeing a lack of these available in their respective areas? I would think LA stores would carry these since it's... LA.

So that got me thinking.. I would think Fender would stock these large music retailers with Am Dimensions, both Standard and Deluxe, if they were serious about expanding this new bass configuration.

I wonder if these will be discontinued in a couple of years if sales are not meeting expectations, and the big retailers don't want to carry these higher end American Dimension models.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You will probably have to special order one.